Hi There! I’m Talia! I’m a Milwaukee photographer and a mom and today I’m sharing some of my favorite non-candy Easter basket ideas, most of which we purchased for our own kiddos for their Easter baskets this year and a few other bonus ideas as well! We tried to go with a lot of non-candy easter basket ideas to avoid the sugar addicted toddler meltdowns that tend to happen after Easter.
Some of the links below may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase I would receive a commission.
At the end of the post, I’ve shared some photos of our favorite Easter activities from years past!
Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas
- Jellycat bunny! We got V this grey/brown multi colored one, but I also love the white one and the grey one (we already own both of those)
2. A Movie : We do family movie nights every Sunday at our house so getting a new movie is always a family favorite for us! I linked a couple of our favs
3. Reusable water coloring book: Ramsey loves these and they are the perfect size to toss in the diaper bag and take along anywhere we go!
4. Books: Here are a few of my favorites- the first two are the ones we got for the kids this year
5. An egg painting kit- such a fun craft for little ones of any age! And it makes fun decor for your house for future years too!
6. Sidewalk chalk: spring is here and sidewalk chalk is fun for kids of all ages!
7. Stickers: Ramsey loves animals so much so stickers like this are always fun for him. Although, be prepared to find stickers on everything in your house haha!
8. A nice teether for baby! We have the peach colored one for V and she loves it. It’s the perfect size for her little hands
9. Fruit leather: my kids loveee these!
10. Bows and/or bib
11. Sun bonnet for baby!
(or a ball cap for older kiddos and toddlers)
13. Plush Cloth doll: We bought this little ballerina doll for a friend and it is SO sweet! Definitely recommend!
14. Bubble Maker
15. Stainless steel water bottle: we have two of these for Ramsey and we love it! Easy to clean, great colors, non-toxic!
Bonus! Our kids are both obsessed with these!
Easter Memories from Past Years
Here are a few of our favorite Easter memories and we cannot wait to make new ones this year with our little Valley too! Hope you found some great non-candy Easter basket ideas from this post!
2017: Ramsey’s first easter! These were taken in my parents’ backyard!
2018: we spent easter on the beach so I took a quick photo of Ramsey with his stuffed bunnies before we left
2019: we did all of the traditional Easter activities- we did an Easter egg hunt near Milwaukee, dyed eggs and went to my Aunt’s for a big meal
2020: Easter, quarantine style, at home with a backyard Easter egg hunt too. And my aunt brought over some of my Grandma’s easter bunny cookies that she makes every year.
Talia Laird Photography is a Fine Art Newborn, Maternity, and Family Photographer in Milwaukee, WI. We specialize in creating heirloom quality artwork for families to display in their home. Talia Laird Photography provides a full service experience that starts with styling from our exclusive high end client wardrobe and isn’t complete until you’re holding your finished album in your hands and waking up to your custom artwork on your walls. Investing in photography with us means you’ll start building your family’s legacy. We’ll help you create tangibles from your memories for your family to enjoy for generations. We serve families in the Milwaukee area including Lake Country, Oconomowoc, Pewaukee, and Waukesha, as well as the Madison Area.
It would be an incredible honor to start planning your own family’s luxury maternity session. Whether that be for maternity, newborn or family portraits. I will create a stress free and luxurious experience for you by guiding you through every step. Together we’ll create the timeless and organic portraits you’ve always desired.
Our Photography Experience
First, I’ll help you select the perfect outfits from the client wardrobe so you don’t have to worry about trying to coordinate everyone- our pieces are feminine, timeless, and high end name brands. Next, we’ll plan out all of the details and discuss your artwork preferences at your styling appointment as well so I can shoot accordingly. Then we’ll have a relaxed and fun session together either in your home, on the beach, in a pretty grassy field, or in the studio. Three weeks later, we’ll meet up to go through all of your images and I will custom design a gallery wall or album that is perfect for your home. I take care of all of the framing and design work for you and four to six weeks later, your heirloom quality artwork will be ready to display in your home.
Inquire about a session
If you’re looking for a Milwaukee Newborn Photographer, you’ve finally found the one who will take care of you from start to finish!